How to get our 1/2 the money from the co-owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlmgoetz

My jurisdiction is: Oregon

My husband and his brother co-own a house and property in Oregon. It was left to them by their father when he passed away. There is no money owed and they are both on the deed. He has been living in the house since all of the family moved in years ago as it was the original family home. We have a verbal agreement with my brother-in-law that he will make weekly payments until half of the appraised amount is paid to us. He has not been making the payments for five months and keeps giving us excuses and says that we will get a payment next week but that never happens. We have asked for a signed agreement, and he will not sign one. We have been sending receipts to him showing when and how much the payments were that he did make. Do we have any other resources or way to get the rest of the money that he owes us? Do we have to force him to sell the house in order to get our money? Does anyone have any ideas of what our next steps should be or what we need to do? Both my husband and myself are open to any ideas at this point.

Thanks for any help that you can give us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back