Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft How to get off the national retail database

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookspock

Hello,
I am awaiting some background checks that I ran on myself that include the ESTEEM report from the national retail database. I had an incident last year, and it is well put behind me. I managed to take a plea that offered me no conviction if I did 6 mos. of probation, and indeed, I ran some criminal checks on myself and it appears as if the system did work for me as no records are found. However, if I find that I do appear in the retail theft database ( I assume I am) can I request to be taken off? My case has been dismissed and I volunteered on a regular basis for the place I did my community service far beyond my scheduled hours, and plan to resume them when fall comes. I can even get a reference from them. I just really want to be able to obtain a job and am afraid this will stop that. Any insight as to what I can do? The store in question is meijers.

Thank you.

In general the info in these databases are available to subscribers only. Can we assume you are now a subscriber?

No, but as I stated, I am awaiting some background checks to come back that will show whether or not I am in this database. If I am, I want to know how I can try and get my name taken off.

You cannot view the database unless your subscriber! a typical background check only shows criminal convictions not the contents of any theft databases.

The background checks I ordered indicate they will give me a report that shows information from this database. It's called ESTEEM report. Is this not something legitimate?

There are more than one retail theft databases. If you check your PMs I gave you a contact this contact is very familar with these databases and can likely tell you if store that caught you is a subscriber to one of these databases. Posting store name here could prove harmful so do not do that

So this background check you bought claims to be a subscriber to esteem database? If they are not subscriber they cannot view its contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back