How to get collection court to work with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffery

I haven't had any tickets in years. That's not why my license is suspended. I got into a car reck when I was 18. At the time I had $20.000 worth of insurance on my car,,which my car was only worth $10.000 an i only had 10 towards any car I hit. Well I ended up owning 7 thousand an got sued. I could not pay an it all went to collection. How do I get them to release my license an allow me to drive. I don't have 7 thousand dollars. Please help....

If a victim sues you after an automobile accident and wins, the resulting civil judgment could result in your state suspending your driver's license, leaving you unable to legally drive until you meet your state's requirements for license reinstatement.

Generally, (depending on your state) you must either pay the judgment in full or demonstrate a history of timely payments before the state will reinstate your driver's license.

The SOL on a judgment in Fl. is 20 yrs.

Have you tried setting up a payment plan?

Most judgments get reviewed for the rest if your life. Smart litigants just don't let them age away.

The license revocation is done by state statute.

Contact your state's drivers license agency. They can discuss what options are available to you, if any.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back