Eviction Process How to evict someone who is only temporarily visiting

bsswavely

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I'm trying to get information for a friend of mine. His ex was temporarily staying at his place until she gave birth to their baby and then he was letting her stay until her 6 week check up. Unfortunately Children and youth have gotten involved due to something she did in her past and now their child is in jeopardy of being taken permanently from them if she doesn't leave his home immediately but she is refusing to. He has asked for help from children and youth, the police and a few other places and no one will help him. She does not reside there, she technically resides with her step father, she does not get any mail at my friends house, she has just been a guest there. Can he just throw her out, and I know that sounds cold but he is at risk of losing his child because of something SHE did and any parent would do what they have to do to protect their child. She is refusing to leave and he has told her to leave many times.

He has to follow the eviction laws in your state.

This is why you don't allow anyone to use your home like a hotel or a flophouse, you'll get screwed.

Yes, she does reside there according to the information you've given.
She can't be thrown out legally without an eviction. Sometimes a person can be encouraged to get out faster if there is a monetary incentive to do so.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that she stands to lose her child (permanently or otherwise) solely for not moving out of the alleged father's residence.

Can he just throw her out

What exactly does that mean? Does he have the physical strength necessary to pick her up and throw her? Obviously, I have no idea. He certainly can seek to evict her from his home. Since he seems to be way over his head, he should consult with a local attorney for advice.

Back