Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI How to ask Judge for Lesser Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireneq

Am going to take a plea agreement. Dismiss the Dui and I plead to Refusal to submit to breathtest. If I write a letter to the Judge about my serving on a trial as a juror for 15 weeks straight ($8000.00 in lost wages), in 2003 do you think it will help reduce my incarceration? I plan on paying all fines. This was one of the top 4 cases in Alaska for length of time. Please advise on writing this letter also. Thank you for your time.

Am going to take a plea agreement. Dismiss the Dui and I plead to Refusal to submit to breathtest. If I write a letter to the Judge about my serving on a trial as a juror for 15 weeks straight ($8000.00 in lost wages), in 2003 do you think it will help reduce my incarceration? I plan on paying all fines. This was one of the top 4 cases in Alaska for length of time. Please advise on writing this letter also. Thank you for your time.

Your lawyer needs to present this information to the prosecutor and make it part of the plea negotiations.

You should be asking your attorney or PD this. I have never heard of you being able to serve on jury duty in lieu of fines or jail time. Not to mention you probably do not qualify since you are going to be convicted of a traffic or criminal offense.

You should be asking your attorney or PD this. I have never heard of you being able to serve on jury duty in lieu of fines or jail time. Not to mention you probably do not qualify since you are going to be convicted of a traffic or criminal offense.

She wants to use her jury duty that she served three years ago to show that she is a good citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back