Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion how much am i looking to spend here on an attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

helppls

recenly been charged with 2 felonies for shoplifting 250$ of merchandise i thought they charged me for shopplifting but they hit me with 2 felony charges.. is this right or did they mess up?

charges: 459 PC/burgerly and 182 A 1 PC conspiracy: commit CR

questions:
estimated how much am i looking here for an attorney?
what should i do right now?
is it possible to get these down to a mistameador?

thank you! never been in trouble before.. 19 years old

This is not snark, okay? The only way you'll find out the average cost is by opening up the phone book and asking around.

recenly been charged with 2 felonies for shoplifting 250$ of merchandise i thought they charged me for shopplifting but they hit me with 2 felony charges.. is this right or did they mess up?

charges: 459 PC/burgerly and 182 A 1 PC conspiracy: commit CR

questions:
estimated how much am i looking here for an attorney?
what should i do right now?
is it possible to get these down to a mistameador?

thank you! never been in trouble before.. 19 years old

In my neck of this great country, a decent criminal defense attorney starts around $2,000 to $2,500, and the better ones want at least $5,000.

But, as Pro says, make a couple appointments after talking to friends and family as to who they would recommend.

The initial appointment is often FREE of charge and further obligation.

Yes, the charges can be bargained down, and you could even be acquitted of everything at trial.

The bets approach is to say nothing to anyone but your lawyer, admit nothing, stay out of more trouble, and wait.

If your record is pure, that's a great start.

So, tomorrow make those calls, make those visits, and stay calm, cool, and collected.

When you talk to these Attorneys ask about plea options that might reduce charge to misdemeanor and could cost you less. That is providing your are innocent. Fighting a felony charge will not be cheap! I had a client who faced a similar felony charge and I advised him to take and complete the NASP (non profit group) Anti Shoplifting course. He did showed Judge his completion letter and Judge was so please with this person actions he dismissed charges on the spot. Cannot say same will happen for you for this wont hurt and can only help

When you talk to these Attorneys ask about plea options that might reduce charge to misdemeanor and could cost you less. That is providing your are innocent. Fighting a felony charge will not be cheap! I had a client who faced a similar felony charge and I advised him to take and complete the NASP (non profit group) Anti Shoplifting course. He did showed Judge his completion letter and Judge was so please with this person actions he dismissed charges on the spot. Cannot say same will happen for you for this wont hurt and can only help

im pretty sure i will qualify for a public defender, where do i go to get one? do i wait till my court day and plead not guilty and ask for one?

"The cost will vary on what it is you need them to do. If you intend to fight charge it will cost more if you want them to work with DA on plea deal than less. Talk to these Attorneys about ACD or Diversion as option"

what is the difference between intending to fight the charge and them working with DA? im not fully understanding and what is ACD and Diversion?
thank you!

im pretty sure i will qualify for a public defender, where do i go to get one? do i wait till my court day and plead not guilty and ask for one?

"The cost will vary on what it is you need them to do. If you intend to fight charge it will cost more if you want them to work with DA on plea deal than less. Talk to these Attorneys about ACD or Diversion as option"

what is the difference between intending to fight the charge and them working with DA? im not fully understanding and what is ACD and Diversion?
thank you!

Works like guilty verdict but once you complete program case is dismissed so no conviction record. programs vary so ask your Attorney

Works like guilty verdict but once you complete program case is dismissed so no conviction record. programs vary so ask your Attorney

that is what diversion is?
ACD and diversion the same thing?
and on that NASP thing it says i need a code or something

No you don't you can do it without a code. If your still having trouble email me and I will give you email to NASP director who is a friend of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back