Other Criminal Charges & Offenses How do l unseal codefendant's 5K1.1 sentencing records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacrificialgoat

I need to know what is the procedure to unseal my codefendant's 5k1.1 sentencing documents. I think it might contain exculpatory evidence about me.He was sentencended on 2011. The Government's investigation is no longer ongoing. I was told by my Public Defender that those records are unavailble to me and there is no way I can get access to them.

You would need to provide more information about why the public defender said that the sealed records are unavailable to you as a codefendant. I wonder whether the information contained within was already reviewed to determine whether it could have contained exculpatory evidence. It would seem that your criminal lawyer (the public defender) would have or should have investigated the contents of the file. Perhaps you should ask the public defender first before trying to pursue access to the records.

You would need to provide more information about why the public defender said that the sealed records are unavailable to you as a codefendant. I wonder whether the information contained within was already reviewed to determine whether it could have contained exculpatory evidence. It would seem that your criminal lawyer (the public defender) would have or should have investigated the contents of the file. Perhaps you should ask the public defender first before trying to pursue access to the records.

My public defender told me when I asked her about the file that she does not have access to it, that she is not allowed to read it nor am I. The information contained was not reviewed by me or my defense to determine whether it contains exculpatory evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back