How do I sue someone for persecution?

Kaun

Washington state: How do I sue someone for persecution?

Hello. My ex wife has taken it upon her to destroy me. We are going through a fierce custody battle and she has gotten a protection order agianst me under false allegations.

My point is that she has damaged my reputation by accusing me of child abuse (without specigfying) claiming that I am a criminal, a thug, a violent person, a mentally disturbed person, etc..

Then she tried 5 times to get me criminally convicted for alleged protection order violations. 3 police reports were so reidiculous even her police officer friend could not find probable cause. the other 2 charges went to court but they will dismissed because one is false (the protection order was no longer active but she lied to the cop) and the other one is ridiculous.

She has also disseminated a false, threatening document to the community claiming I wrote it and sent it to her. I live a life now where I hide behind cars on the street if I see someone I know fearing they might tell her I talked to them and then she will try again to file a false protection order.

As a consequence of her actions I had a bad position in family court, I am looked at as a criminal in criminal court already, some of my friends in the community has turned away from me. Her lies and accusation are now part of a public record which everybody can look up and I have spent an extrodinory amount to defend myself against fals charges.

Besides the damages described, my main motivation in filing this suit is to get her to stop. If there are consequences for her she will probably stop.

I feel persecuted, harried, insulted, my reputation has suffered and worst, my time with my son has been limited (family court case I am appealing to).

My questions is if there is a motions I can file that combines, damage of reputation, slander and persecution. Which court would I file it in and is there a form or do I start from scratch writing the motion (an attorney is out of the question but I am good with legal stuff)?

Should I ask for money damages or what?

Thank you kindly

A message board can provide general legal information. It cannot substitute as legal counsel and teach you everything you need to know about representing yourself in court. If that was your expectation of what could happen her, that expectation was misplaced.

Thank you but I am not trying to substitute legal counsel. I am trying to get the questions answered I asked in my posting. I know quite a bit about the law but i have a hard time understanding how to do my initial filing. If I can combine abuse of process, intentional infliction of emotional distress, persecution, defamation all in one motion and what I would call it, etc..

If I can combine abuse of process, intentional infliction of emotional distress, persecution, defamation all in one motion and what I would call it, etc..

I don't mean to insult you as I don't know the details, but based on what you are providing here I would call it frivolous or far-fetched.
I suggest you try and focus your complaint on one issue that you think is the strongest, especially if you intend to attempt something without counsel. If you try to reach too far you will be overwhelmed and not taken seriously.

If you are knowledgeable enough about the law so that you feel you can handle a tricky subject like this one without assistance, then you should be knowledgeable enough to know what motions to file and how to file them. The fact that you do not know how to do this should suggest to you that you are not, in fact, qualified to handle this on your own.

Thank you but I am not trying to substitute legal counsel.

It it would seem you are doing just that. No one here is going to give you detailed information on filing your motion - that could be construed as practicing law without a license.

Either you figure it out on your own (which I don't see happening) or you get an attorney. You seem to think you have a good chance here but it's very doubtful that you do.

ok. If not this one, does anyone know any forums where people support people who want to proceed pro se as opposed to giving them a hard time? I am getting a strong feeling that most posters here know more than they want to share. Thank you

I support people acting pro se, but only in minor matters and only if they are confident and resourceful enough to do it in on their own. If you have questions about procedure you can get answers from the clerk's office.

You won't find anyone anywhere who will walk you through filling out forms or tell you what to put on them. Nobody is going to tell you what motions to file. Not because they don't want to but because it would be irresponsible and reckless. That is where legal counsel comes in. Counsel will know the important details and guide you best. Even if you intend to proceed on your own you can still have legal counsel.

I do not know of any forums which will offer step by step guidance on how to proceed without counsel, no. As indicated above, that could be construed as practicing law without a license (even those posters who are attorneys are not necessarily licensed in your state).

If you want to do it pro se fine, that's your right. But there is no message board I know of (and I post on five) that will tell you what to file or how to file it.

How do I sue someone for persecution?

The same way anyone sues anyone for anything: by preparing a complaint and filing it with the appropriate district or superior court. Note however that "persecution" is not a recognized civil cause of action.

is if there is a motions I can file that combines, damage of reputation, slander and persecution.

Slander is a recognized civil cause of action. Slander is the spoken form of defamation. One of the elements of a defamation claim is that the alleged false statements of fact were damaging to your reputation. You would not file a "motion" for this purpose.

Which court would I file it in

The superior or district court encompassing the county where the defendant lives.

is there a form

You can contact the court clerk or run a google search to ascertain if there are "forms" available for this purpose.

Should I ask for money damages or what?

Have you suffered any monetary damages? If not, then there is nothing to sue for.

Back