How do I make my exfiance pay for the car he got repo'd that was in both our names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgurl21

I was engaged to a guy who ended up with a car that was in both our names. I just found out that the car was repo'd in May of '05. I've since then lost contact with him and don't know where he is at. I called the company and the said that we still owe $5,250. How can I go about making him pay the rest or at least half of the remaining amount?

I was engaged to a guy who ended up with a car that was in both our names. I just found out that the car was repo'd in May of '05. I've since then lost contact with him and don't know where he is at. I called the company and the said that we still owe $5,250. How can I go about making him pay the rest or at least half of the remaining amount?

Sorry, you are both seperatly and equally liable for the full amount... no half him, half you. Your best bet is to find him, and tell the debt owner. If they can't find him, they'll just get the money from you... it's all green to them.

Debt Helper is unfortunately correct in most regards here. They can go after you for the full amount and your only remedy is to go after him for his half - at the very least. Since he didn't make payments and he had the car, he is probably liable for virtually the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back