How do I get deceased sister's boyfriend out of her house

Holly7673

Jurisdiction
Alabama
My sister passed away June 11. Her will names me as Personal Representative. How do I get her boyfriend out of her house? He has lived there 10+ years. He also refused to give me keys to her car last time I was there. I live in Florida. He has not made any house payments. I have a letter if administration from judge. Do I have to evict him or can I just show up and make him leave? He and my sister had no personal or business accouns together.

If he won't leave you'll have to evict him through the courts.

If the house is in Alabama, it will have to be an Alabama court where the house is located.

Since you live in Florida I strongly suggest you hire a lawyer in Alabama to handle the eviction and the recovery of the car.

Her will names me as Personal Representative. How do I get her boyfriend out of her house?

Since you have been appointed by the court, you will be able to evict him by serving an appropriate notice and, if he still doesn't leave, filing an eviction action. Hire a local attorney to do this.

He has not made any house payments.

Well...if it's your sister's house, why would he make any payments?

can I just show up and make him leave?

Can you? I have no idea. Can you do this legally? No. He's a tenant and has rights as such.

Back