Consumer Law, Warranties How Do I get a refund

GirlWithALegalQ

A door to door company came to my house and demonstrated a product. I bought the product and after a day I decided i no longer wanted this product. So i contacted the company and they sent some one by to pick up the product and gave me a receipt that said I will be receiving a refund in the mail within 10 business days. Now 40 days have passed and I still have not received my refund. I've made multiple attempt to contact the company but they keep giving me the runaround. What is my best option for getting my money back.

A door to door company came to my house and demonstrated a product. I bought the product and after a day I decided i no longer wanted this product. So i contacted the company and they sent some one by to pick up the product and gave me a receipt that said I will be receiving a refund in the mail within 10 business days. Now 40 days have passed and I still have not received my refund. I've made multiple attempt to contact the company but they keep giving me the runaround. What is my best option for getting my money back.

It would seem that you'll now have to take the company to court to convince a judge that you are indeed due a refund.

I think small claims cases are limited to $7,500 in your state.

Here is a discussion of the process in Oklahoma County:

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/courtclerk/smallclaims.aspx

You can Google "YOUR COUNTY, small claims, OK" for additional information for your area.

Last edited:
Back