How can I protect my idea

Terry Thompkins

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Hello, I'm starting my own brokerage firm. We will be brokering a unique type stocks than normal brokers. To my knowledge no one else is doing this and I would like to know how I can protect my unique concept while trying to get funding.

I would like to know how I can protect my unique concept

You can't protect just the concept. If you can think it up so can somebody else.

If you are concerned that those, from whom you are soliciting funds, might use the idea, then you would be wise to heed zddoodah's suggestion.

Hello, I'm starting my own brokerage firm. We will be brokering a unique type stocks than normal brokers. To my knowledge no one else is doing this and I would like to know how I can protect my unique concept while trying to get funding.

And also make sure you see a securities lawyer. Though your brokerage may offer a "unique" type of stock, they'll still be securities and subject to federal securities laws. You'll want to ensure you comply with those rules because you can end up owing a true fortune to the government and disappointed investors if you don't follow the rules.

Easy peasy, mate, don't ever tell anyone the details to your super-secret, sure fire, moneymaker!!!

That's how the Colonel keeps his fried chicken recipe safe and secure, how Coke has never revealed their special drink formula, and how Superman has never allowed anyone to peek under his cape.

Back