housing law

Ebee

Me and my daughter are homeless but not recognised as homeless by Lewisham council because my spouse is the sole owner owns the matrimonial home.

But the property is in disrepair and uninhabitable.

Secondly the property is a period property and was damaged by a bomb during the II world war.

The council position is that I do not own the property and there for not entitled to a renovation grant to repair, and I do not have qualify for housing because I'm considered a house owner.

Can Lewisham council be challenged to provide a housing grant so that we can have somewhere to live.

Spouse was rehoused by Lewisham council in 2005.

Me and my daughter are homeless but not recognised as homeless by Lewisham council because my spouse is the sole owner owns the matrimonial home.

But the property is in disrepair and uninhabitable.

Secondly the property is a period property and was damaged by a bomb during the II world war.

The council position is that I do not own the property and there for not entitled to a renovation grant to repair, and I do not have qualify for housing because I'm considered a house owner.

Can Lewisham council be challenged to provide a housing grant so that we can have somewhere to live.

Spouse was rehoused by Lewisham council in 2005.

You need to find a UK law site, or visit a local solicitor.
We are a US focused law site, not because we're superior, but because US law is all we know for the most part.
Good luck.

Back