hospital records mix up, insurance incorrectly billed, credit being affected

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidimarielp

i had a multiple birth. One of my daughters passed away. the procedures that were preformed on her were recorded in a different daughters billing. the insurance did not pay the claim, becasue it was incorrect. now, a year and a half later, a credit agency in harrassing me to pay them. the hospital says it has no proof that the billing was in error. isn't the proof that the daughter that lived dosn't have the problem that my daughter that passed away suffered from? now it has affected my credit, and the daughter that lives has incorrect medical records. the hospital is not admitting that they mixed the girls up. what can i do?

What did your insurance carrier say when you asked it your questions?

the insurance agency said that since the claim was more than 365 days old, they might not be able to pay it, even though it was the hospitals billing error. the insurance company said they will send the hospital a letter requesting an expanation of why the claim is so old and then review it, and decide if they will pay it. and still, the collection agency is pestering me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back