Hopistal Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinavaziri

I went to the emergency room few months ago and was billed 500 dollars. I do have insurance (bluecross) and a 2500 dollar deductable. 6-7 months later I went to the emergency room again for the same exact reason. This time, however, I was charged 1400 dollars. Both times that I went to the hospital I told them exactly what was wrong with me and I was only there for 10-15 min before I was given my prescription. I called the hospital and complained but they said that the second time they did more testings and that is why I was charged more money. The problem is that I am a struggling student and cannot afford to pay that much money to them. At the same time I don't think that it's fair for the hospital to charge me whatever amount they want and I can't do anything about it. My question is that is there any way that I can only pay the same amount as I did the first time (500dollars) without ruining my credit??
Sincerely

Is the bill itemized? You can certainly call their collections and see if they will take a cash payment and negotiate a settlement. They do not have to charge the exact same amount for each visit. Why isn't your insurance covering the rest of the second bill, do you have a deductable you still have to meet?

Yes, the bill is itemized.
Do you mean that if they wanted to charge me 10000 dollars the second time, i couldn't do anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back