Consumer Law, Warranties Home owner

Nascrules

Well need help with this one. I hired a home improvement contractor last year for a bathroom remodel. We signed a contract, as crappy as on could be but still a contract. Some issue arose over the floor. Quality of work issue. Unevenness, lippage, etc... We bickered over it for awhile and he came out and said in his opinion and of some so called expert he brought in that the floor was good. Well I had another company come in and they of course said nope not to standard. Example.... Not entire floor but some areas. 1/32 is standard lippage. About a dimes width. In several areas my tiles raises two quarters in height and one quarter. Other are flat. I complained and ask for it to be fixed. He said no because he would have to do entire floor plus heat under the floor. Not worth the time or money it would cost. Problem! So according to his last invoice I was to hold back 33% until job was complete or costumer was happy. I'm not happy. He considers his job done and then threatened to sue. He did. First complaint is breach of contract, that I can have tossed based on the PA HICPA 73 P.S. 517.1. My issue is part two. Quantum Meruit. Why can't we have like normal names for stuff. I think I'm screwed. I wanted to pay him the balance minus the real quoted repairs, like $2500. Nope he wants it all. I don't know if I have a defense if my only reason was for quality of workmanship. If he would say he would fix it I would gladly pay him the entire balance. Should I tell the judge that or does that not matter. So angry. He deserves his money but I deserve my project to be correct and to my likening

The judge will decide who makes the best argument.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1692

You subpoena your expert to testify, and hopefully he forgets to bring his.
Either way, the judge will decide.
If you're smart, you'll try to settle before you get to court.

Back