Home Depot Installation Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

winston

I called home depot(HD)for a roof replacement for my 82 year old mothers mobile home in Las Vegas,NV. The salesman Nick(HD)came and promised us the world if she signed the contract. We gave him pizza and drinks. She signed the contract and that began a 30 day nightmare and thats the last time we heard from Nick.

There project manager Lisa came to the mobile home for the first appointment and was a hour and 40 minutes late. She went up on the roof and tore off a bunch of shingles and exposed a pre-existing 3 foot hole and left it wide open promising roofers would come in the afternoon and they did come and tore up more shingles and threw them in the yard for my 82 year old mother to clean up and left. Lisa(HD)complained to the roofers and they came back and covered the hole and then Lisa called the next day and informed us they all had no mobile home license as required by Nevada law.

For 21 days Lisa lied to us and said every Tuesday they would take the test and they would get a temporary license that day and now I know it doesn't work like that,they have to pass the test and still have to put in a application and it takes 2 weeks just to get the temporary license and 60 days to get a permanent one. One Tuesday they didn't show up for the test and didn't call anyone and Mark(HD)in Arizona said because someones truck and trailer was stolen and the cell phone was in the truck so no calls to anyone. I don't know if thats true but you have to call the police when that happens, don't you? I was in touch with BB at the licensing division and they have no record of (HD) or there roofers applying for anything,anytime.

I called and emailed home depot Arizona over and over everyday 2 or 3 times sometimes and no matter how nice or nasty I was they never called my mother once in 27 days from signing the contract. Tricia, Summer, Shaun, Nick all(HD)managers became invisible and removed there names from the contact lists one at a time. They ignored my mother and myself. No one called my mother but called me a couple times because I was a pain in there a$$. I finally got Mark(HD)the top manager to call my mother and by then my mother was so mad she kicked them off the job after 30 days of hell and having a hole in her roof.

They booked the job with no Nevada Mobil home license, there roofer had no license, They started work and even loaded roofing materials with no license and I told the delivery driver by phone when my mother called 7:00am that HD and his company had no right to load that roof with no license and I had to threaten to call the police and I called Lisa and only then he took them off the roof and left fast. They woke up the whole senior park.

The HD manager in Las Vegas ran around looking like a tweaker 90 miles a hour and got nothing done. My extra cell phone minutes cost $106 dollars. I had to start calling them on my computer line because I was on hold so much with Arizona. Lisa would keep me on my cell phone for 50 minutes at a time saying completely opposite sentences every 15 minutes. She offered to sell us plywood that was supposed to be $76.00 a sheet installed, at $30.00 a sheet installed and said this was between her and I and we would pay cash instead of on the(HD)charge card.

:(..30 days later we have to start all over with roofers and still have the hole in our roof. We are in a big mess and both Senior citizens. Do not use home depot for your home repairs. They will leave you hanging and no one cares after you sign on the dotted line. Warn everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back