home auctioned now what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deion17

I live in georgia and need to know what to do
my house was foreclosed and sold at aution this week. I received a voicemail message from the owner of the home whom also financed the home. The message said that I have to be out of the home by 3-14-10. That only gives me a week to find a place, move, etc. what are my rights, do I recieve at least 30 days notice in writing or something. Please help urgently

You certainly have rights. I run a non-profit foreclosure assistance group in Georgia. Email me at GaHomeTrust@gmail.com and I will get more specific information.

In general I would need to know if this was your house or are you renting? You do NOT have to move in a week. They must evict you no matter what. If you are a renter you can stay for the duration of your lease up to a year in GA but you have to pay your rent to the new owner. Contact me and I'll help you.

yes, I was buying the home from the owner who also financed the home, he had his lawyer send me a letter telling me that I had 30 days to pay the balance and if not they would start forclosure proceedings. I called the lawyer to ask him for more time and he told me that if I had not paid the money by the end of February or they would sell the house in March. I tried to find someone to help me but when they realized that I did not have a loan in my name, they were not able to help me. The house was put in the paper the first time on feb 4 which tells me that they lied from the beginning telling me that I had 30 days to get the money. The owner left a message after coming to my home banging on my door and ringing the bell , because he saw a car in the yard, left mess on phone, saying I know you are in there, and if you dont want to be embarrased by being evicted and have your stuff sitting on the side of the street, you have to be out the house by the 14th (march). He has since sent a letter saying this as well , so now I have one day left to be out. he is being so nasty that I feel that he will have eviction papers ready on sunday morning
please advise how long do I have if he does file eviction he is also offering me 500.00 for the keys after he walks through the house
Thanks

If you email me like I said, we can possibly even keep you in the house. I'm in GA too. I have to see the paperwork to properly answer you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back