Holding the Local Municipalities Accountable

L

Lady Liberty

Jurisdiction
New York
Being a mother of a complex blended family structure, not married there is no denying the preponderance of evidence that shall show reasonable and sound cause that a sane parent and citizen advocate has persistently suffered emotional, economic, or reputational injuries as well as the municipalities being in violation of privacy, property, or constitutional rights on multiple occassiins where specific incidents have been respectfully addressed in written and/or verbal complaints on various levels for at least a decade to the point that the wrongful infliction of emotional distress is all very tortious. The most recent incidents occuring within the past 30 days and the last quarter of 2017. The mishandlings by local government employees have in fact been a interference with my newly filed business and efforts to establish relationships as well as startup financing.

I shall be addressing a formal request for a State Administrative Hearing within the month of April, are there any highly accredited pro bono attorney's outside of Montgomery County New York that may be of assistance? The NYCLU is not much help under the circumstances that I truly am an In Forma Pauper that can not afford to pay a private attorney. Yes I have contacted the NYCLU in the past and our very personal conversations motivated the statement "Advocate for Justice, Standing to Sue, may God Bless America, and You. There should not be a price for freedom or kindness."- by Melissa Bentz

This is not a lawyer referral service and reputable lawyers do not troll message boards looking for clients.

I am not looking for clients. I so apologize if my words appear that way. I AM ALSO NOT TROLLING. I am seeking information and advocate assistance. I was wrong in my own interpretation of the use of speaking on personal levels not professional terms. I am nerely a citizen reaching out

I am not looking for clients. I so apologize if my words appear that way. I AM ALSO NOT TROLLING. I am seeking information and advocate assistance. I was wrong in my own interpretation of the use of speaking on personal levels not professional terms. I am nerely a citizen reaching out
I am also not a lawyer and have no degree.

I understand that you are not a lawyer and that you are not trolling. I read your question to mean that you are looking for a lawyer to represent you. I was telling you that you cannot find representation by posting on a message board.

...Are there any highly accredited pro bono attorney's outside of Montgomery County New York that may be of assistance? ....

This is your question that prompted cbg's answer that
reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients
. She does not think you are an attorney of any sort. I do not think you are an attorney. Her answer still stands.

are there any highly accredited pro bono attorney's outside of Montgomery County New York that may be of assistance?

There's no such thing as a "pro bono attorney." Some attorneys do pro bono work, but no attorney does all of his/her work for free (except for lawyers who work for an organization that provides free legal services). In any event, posting on internet message boards is not the way to find an attorney. Also, there's no such thing as "highly accredited." One is either accredited or not.

Please note that I have respectfully requested to delete the conversation, the profile, and unsubscibe as it was in fact purely human error of a misinterpretation of how the intitial responding statements were worded and emotionally perceived. Clearly I was wrong, however the additional remarks once I acknowledged that are uncalled for. I am in fact my own greatest critic so surely I have sought help on various levels. There is no need to further critize me or over state the obvious. My request here is please do not add any further statements given no one here including me knows all the facts involved. To judge a person so clearly feeling victimized is not humane by any means. Good bye. I just realized there is an edit button. I am also guilty of typos as well.

Thy will has been done.........

I think I understand where the original poster is coming from. She has a local business which is being thwarted by local government - or so she believes. I think that the strong tone in the original question might be misleading and more a reflection of frustration and emotion. I've seen issues like these happen in small towns upstate, some meritorious some crazy.

The answers given to you are likely correct about resources for help beyond what may be available locally. The court clerk and bar association can lead you to where to find information and also provide you with accessibility to a local library or area where you can perform research on your own account.

As to your question as to free legal representation - it does happen but under very limited circumstances and usually for indigent people on an issue of necessity or personal damages, not usually for commercial interests - for example elderly people being defrauded. A small business owner probably wouldn't qualify with the exception being rare - I was a member of a group of New York attorneys providing pro bono assistance to 9/11 small business owners who were devastated by what happened in downtown Manhattan. It's very rare.

You might be confusing the work that firms and others do on their own or under the umbrella of some name. It doesn't really matter as it's all the same and I will explain to you how it works. Attorneys have full time work and, as part of their own sense of good will and ethnics guidelines, provide a certain number of hours per year to represent the indigent or those in need for free. There is always far more demand than supply.

In the event your issue may deal with constitutional rights that are likely to impact upon a sizable number of people, e.g. disabled, the ACLU might step in or other freedom fighting organizations. But if you're trying to fight the local government, your remedies might be on a state level or in filing a complaint regarding wrongful acts by a public official. This is a matter which I doubt an attorney could supply help - not because there aren't many good kind-hearted people. It is because the cost and amount of effort required would likely be so substantial that it would likely be far too time consuming to be feasible for an attorney to do and still pay his or her own bills.

Perhaps you might consider moving your case forward by yourself and asking questions of others as you need them, being careful not to exceed the goodwill available to you. Good luck.

Back