HOA Townhomes

melissa999

Jurisdiction
New York
"The Board has levied a fine of 50.00 against your unit for a member of your household leaving spilled dog waste within the dumpster area at the end of your row on Jan 1. Apparently they were being removed from your yard and when spilled, they simply walked away. Accidents happen, but failing to clean it up is not acceptable."

1) We own our townhouse
2) One of our neighbors's on the HOA board "I'm going to make your life a living hell."
3) Our trash is one of those big dumpsters.
4) We always clean up after our dogs. In the backyard, we put their waste in a box and threw it away. There is no way anything fell out. If it did I would probably notice it, and picked it up. The box was in no trash bag. The trash when the dumpster people remove it could have fell out.
5) There are a few people that share this dumpster that have dogs.

What leg do we have to stand on? Show us that it us. If it was us then could of they just said oh something fell out of your box, and we would of cleaned it. DNA the dog's waste to even prove it came from us?

Our neighbor we don't get along with we complained to the board on what he said, and they basically ingored it. Our windows got broken by his kids,
kids ruin property by being basic boys (climbing on trees that come out of our HOA) . Also, they have a dog that has one of those long leashes (that they walk from the townhouse property to town property. Claimed we stole something that the kids lost outside (police came, and did what they had to do. there was no proff because we did not do it).

What leg do we have to stand on?

This becomes a YOU said versus THEY said.

Show us that it us.

Go ahead, convince the dictators on the HOA that they must show you if they wish to steal your money.

The ONLY way you can win against the dictators is sell your unit and buy where you become the dictator, not a bunch of jealous, spiteful, little rats.

I'm not quite sure what your question is or, really, what the point of your post is. You're free to dispute the charge in accordance with your HOA's governing documents.

And if that doesn't work, you can take the issue to court. Note that you're fighting yourself when you take on an HOA. I'd advise an attorney.

Back