HOA Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

edoitteau

Here is my case. First of all my HOA does nothing in the neighberhood relating to by-laws of the community. The only thing that they have going on is the pool. Which is my problem. We hardly use the poll--it is small and there is we do not have a lot of time due to work schedules--so early this month I received a letter stating that I did not signed in on the sheet at the pool when using the pool, a day that I was out and never used the pool. Now today I received a letter from them for a hearing in order to take away my priveleges of HOA--Really using the pool that is all-- due to the fact that I allwowed more than two guest at the pool yesterday violating the pool rules. Which I never have gotten. Technically, there were more than two guest three to be exact. My sister was in town with her kids and we deceided to take them to the pool. She did not use the pool, but was there with me in order to watch them. I do think this is going to far! There was only one person in the pool yesterday, I do feel like someone was watching over me on what I do. Is there's anything I can do? Do I need an attorney? Rally I am going to give them the kids to the pool back, we hardly use the pool anyway and I do not want any more trouble with the HOA police. It just seem to me that with all other major problems going on in the community like--people leaving tractor trailers in front of their house, speeding cars when children are palying, neighboors not cutting down yards--that they will focus on not signing sheets at the pool. What can I do?

Do your neighbors have these same problems? have they even been accused of misuse of pool rules?

Check the documents for your HOA, the declaration, certificate of incorporation, and by-laws. Copies of these document should be available from the board of directors or developer; a copy of the declaration and by-laws is in your offering plan.

By-laws may be amended or repealed by the members with the appropriate vote, as provided in the by-laws.

Basically if a majority of the members agree this by-law it is ridiculous it could be changed. But I recommend knowing your rights by checking with your HOA documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back