HOA Inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp11111

My condo association will be doing plumbing "inspections" to look for unauthorized washer/dryer connections. I have a portable washer and dryer that have no permanent connections (the hose hooks to the sink). Do they have to schedule a date/time so I can be there? Also, they are consulting a lawyer to pay $300 for tips on these hookups. What would constitute proof (is a neighbor's accusation enough)? I live in California. Thanks.

California has strict (and complicated!) landlord tenant laws that tend to favor the tenant. There are some very specific guidelines on when a landlord has the "right" to enter a dwelling. These are included in the attached:

http://www.kenkoury.com/llord.htm

It would appear that a landlord (and certainly a condo association) does not have the "right" to enter a property just to check up on a tenant (unless you agree to allow them to do this).

Gail

HOAs are corporations and they cannot legally come on your private property because it is not a common element!

Two-thirds of the membership of a HOA can dissolve the corporation. A corporation is NOT a country club and once I educate all of you homeowners that common areas are nothing more than land use created by a developer who is a corporation who turned over the maintenance of common areas to another corporation called a HOA versus turning it back over to the county who approved the development and zoned it RESIDENTIAL. Amazing how y'all think that a HOA can stop me from painting my house PINK with PINK flamingos in the front yard. By the time a house wife who is a BOARD member and president could figure out what to do, I will be dead and buried. She cannot even BUDGET her own household, how could she run a corporation?

BOARD members are running a corporation and sueing them for a breach of fudiciary duty is how I will win my Circuit Court case in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back