HOA Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhawk71

On May 17, 2007 I received a letter from my HOA that I was in violation of Declaration of the community laws for a fence I had constructed in October 2001 with HOA approval. In the declaration it states fences must be constructed in the rear of the yard but it all also states that corner lots may be fenced with board approval. There are other statements in the rules and regulations that state fences may be constructed within property lines and again states corner lots may be fenced with board approval. I have in my possession what was faxed to the board for approval which includes the architectual diagram of my property lines, the approval request form, and the schematic from Long Fence that showed how the fence would be constructed. This was faxed on 10/17/01. I also have in my possession the approval for this action from the board. I have submitted this documentation to the Board yet they are still trying to move my fence. I have told them we will have to got to court because I did everything asked and followed the rules and 6 years later since there are new board members they want to try to overturn a decision. What do I need to do to prevent this? If it does have to go to court will I need a lawyer and can I sue for lawyer fees and time off from work?

Thanks
Marvin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back