Consumer Law, Warranties HOA Contract expired, but business continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsaleeb

The HOA that I am a part of hires a property management company to handle our business. Our original contract was for 1 year, ending in 2006, but we have continued to do business with them currently through 2009. We have continuously paid them monthly and they have continuously provided their management services. Is the original contract agreement still valid? Or do we have to sign a new contract to have a valid business arrangement? Is the property management company still liable for their services under the original contract?

Some contracts are written in a manner that the completion date or stop date of a contract is extended indefinitely unless specifically discontinues. I would advise you to read the clauses very carefully in the contract. Self-renewing contracts are common but must be reviewed very carefully..

Ross-

HOAs are corporations! Two-thirds of the membership of a HOA can dissolve the corporation which means your property management company is no longer an EXPENSE!

A corporation is NOT a country club and once I educate all of you homeowners that common areas are nothing more than land use created by a developer who is a corporation who turned over the maintenance of common areas to another corporation called a HOA versus turning it back over to the county who approved the development and zoned it RESIDENTIAL. Amazing how y'all think that a HOA can stop me from painting my house PINK with PINK flamingos in the front yard. By the time a house wife who is a BOARD member could figure out what to do, I will be dead and buried. BOARD members are running a corporation and sueing them for a breach of fudiciary duty is how I will win my Circuit Court case in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back