Hitter Says Accident Didn't Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraS

A car rear ended me. There was no damage to their car but scratches to mine. I did the worst thing and didn't call the police. It's not the law here for such small damage but I have learned that you need to anyway. Please don't reem me. :)
The damage is right around $500 and I figured we would settle this without raising their insurance rates. After trying to contact the drivers parent with no luck, I filed a claim with their insurance. Mom and minor told their insurance it never happened. No witnesses pulled over. I had my daughter with me but they won't talk to her. We exchanged information and she even took pictures of the damage with her digital camera.
They are refusing to pay because I have no proof except a sheet of paper with a books worth of her personal info that she gave me when it happened, birthdate, insurance, phone & address, vin, dl#, etc..
Is there nothing that I can do? It's not worth filing with my insurance because my deductible would cover it. Would you write them a letter with estimates? Would it be worth while to go to small claims court? It just burns me up that parents are teaching their kids that it's ok not to be responsible for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back