Hit & Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

scameron

I had a hit & run in an accident that someone ran through there yeild sign and I just kept going. I turned myself in the next morning. I got the ticket 8 days later when the officer came to my house. Now the initil court date is April 1, and I cant see my public defender until April 22...I dont even know if I should be pleading guilty or what. This gross misdemeanor has a penalty of upto 1 yr. in jail. Do you think I'll be going to jail for this? in the court records online, I always see X days with X days credit given, and no fine. I was not brought to jail, does that mean they will put me in jail for a while? thanks for your help

No, you shouldn't go to jail.

You need to plead not guilty, demand a jury trial and set back. The other driver is at fault.

90% of all "tickets" can be beat if you apply yourself. *the public defender will lose or have you take a plea, they are not there to win the case.

My Husband is going through the same ordeal. I would plead not guilty. You are lucky because in the State of Arkansas that is considered a Class D felony. If it is just a misdemeanor, you will most likely get a big fine and court cost, maybe victim restitution.

Update: The Public defender got the charge reduced to failure to leave information unattended, I got 24 months unsupervised probation if I get in trouble in the next 24 months the charge goes back to hit and run attended and I'll be sentenced for that crime. If I dont get in trouble, then its as if nothing ever happened---nothing on my record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back