Corporate Law hired then not hired due to state wage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonspree1

i think i chose the right area ..... but i appied for a job in 2013 and finished the phone interview right befor thanksgiving and got approved all i was waiting for was the training date. they knew where i lived as would a employer who is hiring someone . The job is a RST ( remote assistant technition ) . i kept in constant contact waiting for my training date to open up . finaly on 1/17/2014 classes open up and i call and was getting set up for the class the HR person asked again what my time zone was and i told him . everything ended there he told me as of the 1st of 2014 they no longer hire in washington state . due to my states min wage going up above they training wage by .32 cents . my question is is this right or is there something i can do about it ? i dug through my emails and found this from the contact i had .

Jazmyn
12/23/13

to
Hello,

This will be my last update for this year, as you know I will be parting in the new year. Unfortunately, there has been no confirmation on dates and times yet for next year. However, I hope that training classes begin to rollout out for you as soon as possible. Tiffani will contact you as soon as it does as she knows this hold has put a burden on all our new hires. Nonetheless, I hope you have a happy holiday and happy new year with all your friends and family.

Best,
Jazmyn

Jazmyn
Human Resources Assistant I

in this email for what i get it states im hired ...

i would love some advice on this .
ty for your time

Start looking for a new job and take it when you find one. It may or may not be "right" but it did not violate any laws or legally protected rights. There is no legal action for you to take.

It may not seem fair but that doesn't mean it is illegal which it isn't. E-mails really don't rise to the level of a binding employment contract either. Sorry. You need to look elsewhere for employment. Good luck.

Think of it this way, you were offered employment at PEANUT, BUTTER & JELLY.

They offered you a starting salary of $5,000/month.

The next day, HAM, EGGS, & TOAST offered you a starting salary of $5,000/week.

So, you call PBJ and tell them, no way.

Do you think PBJ should have a cause of action against YOU?

Yeah, you get it now, right?

Good luck to you.

Living our vida loco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back