high ranking lawyer-- legal- ethical- malpractice

Status
Not open for further replies.

polish813

I need to know exactly what rights a minor child as well as myself, has regarding release of court documents by our attorney, to extended family members not part of legal proceedings, specifically our depositions given during a DYFS investigation involving her son. In addition,2yrs. later, information know only to DYFS , involving my other daughter were again released to family members.This family member and her husband are well connected high profile attornies. The only connection between this litigation and the one who got a complete copy of all court proceedings was he agreed to finance our case-Only the bills were to be passed on-then he later refused to pay he balance- I'm still being hounded for money . As a direct result of these disclosures our lives have been devastated. HELP

Before making any complaint, I'd want to speak to the attorney to hear his justification for sending the information. I'm not so sure what the relationship here is and since he sent the paperwork to the person paying all the bills (or supposed to at the time), I'm not so sure that he couldn't do what he was able to do. Did you see a retainer agreement?

I'm not defending the action, just noting that this person who received the confidential material is not an unrelated third party and, in fact, was the person paying the bill. That would strike me as a compelling need to investigate all the facts before filing a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back