hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovegod

Hi my husband went an bought several iteam when he exiting he noticed something 2 year old toddler had iteam husband had taken it away but my grama that was with him said no theh did charged u for iteam under 10dollars well he said he told by this guy come ur going pay for it so made sing a civil acknolodgement an he then went pay for iteam is he going charge anything else because after guy said going get papers thru mail

It sounds like he will receive a letter demanding he pay more money, but no, what you describe does not sound like a crime and he won't likely be charged with one.
He should not have signed any documents he did not understand or agree with- it seems he did not know what he was signing.

If you receive any letters demanding money I suggest you take the letter to an attorney and explain what happened.

Personally, based on what you say, I would not pay anything. Just because an item left the store without being paid for does not mean it was stolen, especially when it involves small children.

Where it appears this was an accident the cost to fight a Civil Demand fee might exceed the amount of Civil Demand. If you do get such a letter contact store Manager or corporate and ask if Civil Demand request can be removed. I know of cases where this has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back