help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda23

I have a problem and dont know how to resolve it. I have been in the military for 5 years now. well back in 06 i went back to new mexico to go visit my sisters. Me and my older sister go to walmart to go get diapers for her son and she ends up stealing. i had no idea what she was doing cause i was distracted playing with my nephews, but anyways she gets caught and they said i was also involved because i was with her. so they get our information and thats about it. after that incedent i havent talked to my sister. now in 09 i am driving in va and get pulled over for speeding and they run my licence and say that i have a warrant for that incedent. how do i go about dealing with it.

You need to go deal with it. I would hire an attorney to arrange your surrender and your bond before you even go. You are not guilty just because you were there. You can easily beat this if you are telling the truth, but it must be dealt with. I advise you to get an attorney, if you can not afford one go back to AZ and get one appointed to you.

Since you are in the military you may be able to utilize legal services at no cost. Inform your chain of command of the problem and see what strings they can pull. You DON'T want the military to find out that you knew you had outstanding warrants and did not tell them. If you are innocent then you have nothing to hide from them. They may not help you much since it is not a federal issue... but they can certainly help you.

Depending on where you were during theft yes you can be charged and found guilty. Much depends on what the store video (if any) shows. Yur Attorney needs to seek video through discovery process. I would also suggest you visit the link in my signature line and ask the experets in this area

Mightymoose, put it best - "If you are innocent then you have nothing to hide from them" -- definitely make sure you have an experienced & knowledgeable attorney to guide you through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back