help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nserem

I signed a 12 month lease and after moving into the place I realized it wasn't going to work for me. There were many issues with privacy. I asked the landlord if he would consider letting me break the lease since it had only been 3 days but he was not willing. He told me if I found someone to take over the lease then things would be fine. For the last 3 weeks I have been looking and finally found someone interested. This person is from out of town and unable to see the place first hand so I told her I would take a few pictures of the room and send them via email. When I got to the place I went to my room only to find someone else's things in there. I have an appointment with a legal aid next week but I wanted some advice in the mean time...is this enough to break a lease? I was not informed that anyone was moving in there and I am still paying rent on that room (it's written in the lease that I'm paying rent for that room specifically).

This is difficult to say as we do not know both sides of what was said. We also do not know your state and state laws on Tenant/Landlord disputes vary by state

I'm actually canadian, in ontario (windsor).
You mean that a landlord can in some cases move someone else into a current tenant's room while that tenant (me) is paying rent? Its still my room for 12 months...how would I be able to find someone to take the room if he has someone living there? What if I wanted to move back into the house? I wouldn't have a bedroom anymore even though I'm paying for one. How is that legal? He has avoided all my calls and emails since I informed him I moved out of the house... I have no way to contact him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back