Assault & Battery Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregw

My wife and I are getting divorced. 2 weeks ago I refused to hand over a large payout from my last employer to her, and she told me "I am going to F**K up your life if you don;t give me that money". I refused... 2 days later she accused me of assaulting her. I got arrested, got to spend 2 days in county jail.

I never laid a hand on her, I have not even touched her in months. She is trying to get a better divorce settlement, and knows that keeping my children from me is what will cause me the most pain.

So she has now filed a false report against me. I am unemployed, with no income. What money we had, she took and put into a private checking account. She hid my social security card and ID from me for months so that I could not find a job.

Right now I am completely screwed. any advise?

I never laid a hand on her, I have not even touched her in months.

Meaning (I suppose) that you have assaulted her in past?

You do know that ID's and SS cards can be replaced right? Licenses can be replaced almost immediately and SS cards take longer but you get a letter you can use in the meantime. When you go to court for the assualt charge plead not guilty and ask for a court appointed lawyer. One will be appointed if you qualify financially for the services. Tell him your story and go from there.

Are you still living with her? You need to get out of there if she is filing false claims and stealing your belongings.

And in a society where you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, on the word of one person I was jailed for 2 days, am not allowed access to my home, my children are being hidden from me, and all with the assistance of he courts and law.

even in this forum, it is assumed I am assaulting her, as from this post:

I never laid a hand on her, I have not even touched her in months.

Meaning (I suppose) that you have assaulted her in past?

so what is a man supposed to do? I have never been in any sort of legal trouble. I have never been arrested for anything, not even ever accused of anything in my life.

Have you gone to court yet on the assault charge? Was there any witnesses as to the statements your wife made? If yes, will the witnesses testify on your behalf? Is there legala ide in your town that you can apply to for legal help? What city/state are you posting from? I may be able to find a link for a website that offers help and advice for men in your situation.

I go to court next week. I contacted the public defenders office, but they said they will not do anything until after I go to court, and request a public defender. No witnesses to her threats, other than the kids, and she is hiding them from me right now. I have been attempting to get through to legal aid of North Carolina, but get put on hold for 15 minutes every time, and then get a message "All attorneys are busy, please call back"

When you appear in court plead not guilty and request a public defender. I could not find a link to self help groups for fasly accused husbands. I will keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back