Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosie2issac

I had a bank account a few years ago that I had trouble with an unknown company taking money out without my permission. I asked the bank to stop the withdrawls from that company and they said that they would, but a few days later more money was taken out by that same company. The bank had a $500 overdrawl allowance, if you had a zero balance and you had payments coming out the bank would pay to cover them but you had to pay them back and you were charged an overdrafted fee. Well I went over and used the extra $500 mostly thanks to this company that I was told the bank wouldm't let take anymore money, but instead of stopping any more payments coming out of my account the bank continued to pay them and adding an overdraft fee causing my account to continue deeper into the negitve. When I found out I went in and told them I wanted to close my account they said I owed them just over $1,000. I just don't think it's right that i should pay all of that money. I did make mistakes but the bank shouldn't have let the account go past $500. They told me they made an exception, but they didn't ask me if I wanted it and I didn't sign anything or agree to this exception so I don't think that I should have to pay more than $500. What sholud I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back