Help with Car Lease - Dealership making changes

T

TMeister

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Hey!

I leased a car a week ago that included an extra cover for minor damage at the end (kind of a ding forgiveness policy). The policy price was included in the lease at $895.

Now, the dealer has just called and is asking me to resign the lease agreement as the bank (Ally) won't cover the policy. They want me to pay the $895 on my credit card instead.

What are my options? I really want the cover, I don't really like the car, and I don't want an additional $895 on my credit card.

Do I have a right to decline the new lease, and ask them to honor the price agreed in the dealership?

Thank you in advance!

What are my options? I really want the cover, I don't really like the car, and I don't want an additional $895 on my credit card.

If you refuse to sign the new contract, you can negotiate the return of the car.

You don't get to keep the car, if you refuse to sign a new contract.
Why?
Because Ally won't finance the deal.
If you can find a new funding source, or fund your own deal, you can refuse to sign Ally's new offer.

But, to keep the car, you must do as requested, otherwise Ally withdraws their financing.

You appear to have doubts about the car, maybe the lease, if so; it would be smart to return the car and refuse to sign a new lease.

Paying another $900 amounts to nothing but an inconvenience, however, you admit to not being that fond of the car.

If I were you, I'd return the car, go on my happy way.

Be prepared to pay a "use fee" for the time and use of the vehicle.
A small price to pay to get out of deal that you no longer think wise.

Do I have a right to decline the new lease, and ask them to honor the price agreed in the dealership?

You can ask anyone a civil question.
Don't always expect an answer, and don't expect an answer to your liking.

However, you aren't fond of the car.
Why would you wish to stay in the lease?

If paying an additional $900 out of pocket is a strain on your budget, don't do the deal.
Anytime $900 is a financial burden on a $20,000, $40,000 or $50,000 deal; you can't afford to do that deal!

Back