Help We are being Evicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsr1

Help We Have been given a notice of Possession

My husband and I have been trying for months to remodify our home loan, with no success. We have received letters saying that they were going to forclose on our home, but then we would call our mortgage company and they would say don't worry about the letters we are willing to work with you and mondify your loan. When they finally remodified the loan we went from payment of $1,200.00 interest only a month to $1,600.00 a month, which we couldn't do. We have tried to call them and have left many messages, but have been unsuccessful at getting anyone on the phone. The other day we had a realtor at our door saying she represented the lawyer that works for our mortgage company. She said that they would be willing to give us $1,000 to move out in two weeks. She came back again, yesterday, an said they would not offer us anymore than $2,000 to move out in two weeks. Since my husband refused they have given us an official eviction notice which gives us 3 days to move. My husband is on disability right now and can't do much, I have tendonitis, so I can't lift much, we have no extra money to put down on a rental, we are filing for bankruptcy, and last, but not least, we have three kids. My question is what can we do, if anything,before it is too late and is it legal to give us only 3 days to move? Thank you, Pam:(

Last edited:
You need to get out its that simple. You might ask about the offers again. Otherwise the notice to vacate (not an eviction) will result in your being served a real eviction notice which will make finding a rental almost impossible

I understand your view, but I miscommunicated the situation. We have recieved a notice of possession, not eviction, and we were only given 3 days to move, not 30. Is this legal? We have a family of five to move and the two adults in the house are some what disabled. There is no way we could move out in 2 weeks let alone 3days. Please let me know if I can salvage this by getting legal counsel. Please let me know soon, our 3 days is up tomorrow. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back