help! Unfair ticket/outofstate license

Status
Not open for further replies.

chick838

Help! My husband got pulled over today on his lunch hour on what we have always believed to be an on-ramp from a slower highway to a faster speed highway. Everyone around him was going 70 MPH as was he. The cop has NO evidence, nothing, that proves my husband was going over the speed limit, let alone the 22 MPH over that he is trying to say he was. In fact, the cop was IN FRONT of my husband, slowed down, and pulled my husband over. My husband had been following the cop at a safe distance along the whole on-ramp with all kinds of cars passing the cop and yet he pulls my husband over for speeding...Anyway, we have a number of things that we know we could contest the ticket and probably win (no speed limit signs anywhere near the area, the cop has ZERO proof.) Our problem is this...We have lived here for two years and my husband never changed his out of state license over. I know there has to be some kind of fine or penalty for doing this, so is it even worth contesting the ticket JUST to get in trouble for that? How do I know if we have solid evidence to even contest the ticket?

Thanks!

OH, and I forgot...what options do we have being in Washington state? I hate to just pay the ticket because it really is somewhat unfair...there are no speed limits posted...and we can't afford the insurance hike! So what options might we have?

Nothing you state will make a difference, it is the offficers call and the judge will probably side with the officer.

Se this link for possible impact. Traffic Laws See a lawyer if the potential concequences are unacceptible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back