Help! Scandalous ex trying to collect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcao

I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but here goes:
My ex boyfriend went to prison in 1999 and left his credit card for me to use in college. It has not been used since March 2001 and the account is closed. I was not list on the card as an authorized user. He was released in 2003 and he wants me to reimburse him the balance left on the card that he has paid (I don't think he paid it). He is very coniving, scandalous, manipulative, and money hungry.
I have not paid him back because there are issues regarding the payment to the credit card company. He has not given me sufficient evidence of the $2000 payment he says he made to settle the account. The latest "proof" of payment is a copy of his HUD form that says in the "Additional Settlement Charges" that there is a charge of $2000 for the invoice to CitiCards. It looks forged.
I have repeatedly asked him for SOLID proof that he has paid the amount so that I can pay him back, but he makes so many excuses its sickening.
The statute of limitations in Texas is 4 years. Does my act fall outside those boundaries? What documents should I have in order to reinburse him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back