Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication help, possesion of narco equip and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

teenager17

The state or country I am talking about is: - michigan -

Yesterday I got asked to search my car after doing 53/40, and I said "yes", but then when he searched my car he found a bong, that my friend was trying to hide, and so he asked me where the weed was. I said we didn't have any to avoid being completely screwed and he said if they had to they'd call the drug dog out and "if he smells ANYTHING, he'll claw at it", so I showed him where the weed was. He placed me under arrest and FAILED to read my my Miranda Rights, and then I went and got fingerprinted and stuff and bailed out of jail and I went home to my incredibly dissapointed and angered parents.

First of all, the court appointment is on the day I was supposed to leave for SPRING BREAK so i'm screwed in that mannor, but I was wondering what's it like getting charged with this with no priors for anything, not even a speeding ticket. I don't think the Miranda Rights will hold up because cops can really deny anything, he can say he read them and they'll believe him over me. I don't know that's not really what I'm focusing on, just the face that I'm completely screwed with my parents and the law. I have no idea what to do....

please help...

What you need to understand is that the Miranda rule does not mean that an arrest or a charge is invalid because you have not been read your "rights." All the rule does is not to permit anything you said to the cops to be used in court as evidence unless you have been advised that you do not need to talk to them. That is it.

In your case what you said is of very little relevance therefore the cop did not bother to read that. What he found is what counts and that is admissible even without being mirandized.

What you will be charged with depends on what and how much of it was found.

they found a bong, with resin in it, so it's apparent what i was using it for, along with about 3 grams of weed, all in one bag, no digital scale, nothing even hinting at a sale, it was all personal use, so yeah... does that help

i just basically want to know what the typical punishment is as far as JAMS, probation, community service, and if i'm 17, turning 18 in late october, if it could be expunged or not... i'm just so confused and i have no idea what's going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back