Help please feel like I'm getting attacked..where do I turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnjess

My husband and I wanted to become sole owners of our business. My grandfather at the time (23 months ago) wanted to help and loaned us 100k to buy out his partner.
We agreed to pay him back at 12% intrest, 60 months, at a monthly payment of $2,225.
We paid him regulary up to a few months ago when we spoke with him, and told him things were tight, and asked if he would take a little less for awhile, he said ok. We were still paying him between 1,000 and 1500 a month.
He then decided we were ripping him off. Started coming up to our business, talking with our secretary, and anyone else who would listen, that we were liars, and thieves, and that he was going to make sure that we were going to spend time in jail. He also said he was going to report us to the IRS, and government loan (I have a pell grant) because we are money launderers.
We have 7 children, and are more broke, at times paying our mortgage late, to pay him to avoid his harrassment.
So after a few months of this, we took out a loan, to pay him off. We did as he wanted and did transfer from our bank account to his. We have the receipts.
Now that is not good enough. After paying him off he went to our office, and friends of ours homes, and told them that we were crooked. To stay away, not do any business with us. That we are money launders and so forth and so on.
He also told my mother, he was taking us to court and saying that we didn't pay him off, it wasn't the full amount. He said that he was going to make us pay and sorry for this. (we told him if he came back on our business property we would have him trespassed).
The stress and worry and embarrassment is to much. I'm sick to my stomach and having anxiety attacks, help.

Last edited:
My husband and I wanted to become sole owners of our business. My grandfather at the time (23 months ago) wanted to help and loaned us 100k to buy out his partner.
We agreed to pay him back at 12% intrest, 60 months, at a monthly payment of $2,225.
We paid him regulary up to a few months ago when we spoke with him, and told him things were tight, and asked if he would take a little less for awhile, he said ok. We were still paying him between 1,000 and 1500 a month.
He then decided we were ripping him off. Started coming up to our business, talking with our secretary, and anyone else who would listen, that we were liars, and thieves, and that he was going to make sure that we were going to spend time in jail. He also said he was going to report us to the IRS, and government loan (I have a pell grant) because we are money launderers.
We have 7 children, and are more broke, at times paying our mortgage late, to pay him to avoid his harrassment.
So after a few months of this, we took out a loan, to pay him off. We did as he wanted and did transfer from our bank account to his. We have the receipts.
Now that is not good enough. After paying him off he went to our office, and friends of ours homes, and told them that we were crooked. To stay away, not do any business with us. That we are money launders and so forth and so on.
He also told my mother, he was taking us to court and saying that we didn't pay him off, it wasn't the full amount. He said that he was going to make us pay and sorry for this. (we told him if he came back on our business property we would have him trespassed).
The stress and worry and embarrassment is to much. I'm sick to my stomach and having anxiety attacks, help.

:eek:...and your question is...

Have you tried to go to Grandpa and ask what is wrong? You are missing something.

I would do my dead level best to work this out without a court appearance.

If that doesn't work, you need to get an attorney and get the attorney to send Gramps a "cease and desist" letter threatening to sue him for tortious interference with a business relationship and slander. This isn't going to make him happy, but if it sends him to an attorney the attorney will tell him to chill out.

Is that what you were looking for?

Yes thanks for answering. I was looking for what are my options, and if this was harassment and so forth.
I wish I were missing something, but I'm not. He was close with everyone, but something has happened to make him crazy, no ones knows what it is. He has cut all his children out of the will (I'm not in it, never was, I'm a grandchild), and has left everything to my brother, who is estranged from the entire family. He has become delusional, and we are actually starting to believe he has alzheimer's or dementia.
But unfortunatly I have not done anything at all.
We actually went to see an attorney, and he told me to let him blow smoke, and if he takes us to court we will fight it, and get him for slander, and frivolous law suit. So at least I can ignore that, but we have a successful medical practice and he is ruining our good name.

He has become delusional, and we are actually starting to believe he has alzheimer's or dementia.

That was actually one of my ideas when I said you must be missing something. I personally would put out a letter to everyone that I know who he has talked to countering what he says in a poor grampa is losing it sort of tone.

Its hard to sue him for anything because he is grampa.

well, now since we have paid him off, he has decided to tack on $10,000 in fees. He says we pay or else. We paid him off completely, according to what our accountant said, even paid a few hundred more, due to the fact he said his figures were right. We decided it wasn't worth fighting over a few hundred. Well now he has uped it by 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back