Help Please about a Settlement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill_royer

I was in a auto accident that was found to be the other guys' fault. Ive had to have a serious surgery, one that will keep me badly scarred and in pain for the rest of my life.

I was told that all of the Dr's costs etc. will come to over $200,000 and the insurance only comes to $150,000. I have $100,000 and he only has apparently $50,000.

I have been disabled since 1998 and Medicare HAS paid roughly 85% of ALL the bills.

I do not understand why I am apparently not allowed to have some renumeration for my pain, surgery, scars that will never go away.

Will someone kindly advise me on how to settle this so that I may have some money for my work time lost, suffering please.

Thank you sincerely,

Gina Royer

Did you file a lawsuit against the bad guy?

Does he have any assets?

Yes, the lawsuit has been going on for nearly a year. Now that I'v had this serious operation, I have been told to "pick one",

1. Settlement

2. Asset Check

3. Personal Contrib (?)

I was told the asset check procedure would take "a year". it was suggested that I choose, "1 or 3".

Even though Medicare has paid roughly 85% of ALL bills (I have been disabled since 1989), I was told the best I could do is "get the bills paid". This is very discouraging and I am severly depressed over is, I have borrowed money to get through this and missed a lot of work...the future looks very bleak.

Thank you for your help and concern, greatly appreciated.

Would ANYone be kind enough to respond to my above post please?

If you could expound on my "3" choices (I don't understand the ramifications of them) OR any other viable options I may have to get some renumeration from this very bad experience I would truely appriciate it.

Thank you sincerely.

Its my experience that you should talk with a Lawyer

Its my experience that you should talk with another lawyer. It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from another lawyer who may have more experience in this area. If you do not have a local firm or family attorney I recommend Daniel Buttafuoco or Mark Freeley. I don't know if I am allowed to post contact info...but I am sure you can search for them in google or something.
Hope everything works out for you.

Roughly a year ago the law suit was filed. I was given the option to..

1. Settle,
2. Asset claim,
3. Personal Contrib.. (?)

I don't know if he has any assets. I have NO idea what my options are regarding my so called "3" choices...I had hoped someone on this fine board would understand, Especially #3.

Medicare HAS paid most (85%) of the bills. I have no idea if I "have" to pay them back.

My total bills are $200,000, I am told the insurance, mine and his come to only $150,000.

I MUST get some renumeration out of this...I had to borrow thousands while I was out of work, in hospital etc.

Help! Will someone that show me a way to get out of this with some money. Please.

A sincere thanks to anyone that offers any help, an opinion. My life is at stake in this seeming mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back