Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Help On accusation of stolen jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.

duv2u2

Someone has accused my son of stealing a gold bracelet from them but has no evidence to substanitiate their accusation. They suspect that he took it because he was the one that was there at the house. This house has numerous friends hanging around every day and all day. The family accused a couple of the other boys but now fixation seems to be on my son. The owner has gone as far as notifying the police about her suspicions. They have contacted my son once to inform him that there is an opened investigation on this matter. This happened maybe two months ago and we have not heard from the detectives since. The lady says that she is going to purse this because she believes he needs to be taught a lesson. My son denies taking anything from this house. Help! I'm a worry wart and am worried about this affecting his future. Advice will be greatly appreciated.

As long as it was possible for others to have taken it, there is reasonable doubt and everyone is trying to scare him and spewing hot air.

If the police do come calling to interview Junior, he should provide them only with his name, biographical particulars, address, and then politely state, "Pursuant to the advice from my attorney, I do not wish to be interviewed. I am exercising my right to remain silent."

They'll cajole, prod, poke, irritate, and try to get him to keep talking.

If he's smart, he'll remain calm and polite, but say nothing more.

It is never helpful, wise, or advantageous to speak with the police.

Beyond that, you're constitutionally protected from being forced to do so.

He should also stay as far away as possible from that house and any of the people that frequent that den of ne'er do wells, petty criminals, dope addicts, and street thugs!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate this as it also confirmed my thoughts of them tring to scare him into admitting something he did notdo. Young adult that feels intimidated easily and he does panic easily.

Thank you, army judge. I will make sure that he reads your comments/advice. He has stopped going over to that house and does not hang with them anymore. He also has had a tongue lashing from me about undesireables/lifestyles and consequences. I truly appreciate your input. Bless you.

Happy Holidays to you and "Disagreeable".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back