Help nedd advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

I have a custody order in place in the state of maryland, that I have legal custody of my daughter. The order was set that I could live in the state of Louisiana with monthly visit to maryland for the noncustodial parent to have visitation at my expense. I moved back to maryland with my daughter 1 year ago because o fthe finacial burdon. The non custodial parent has continued to bully me this past year. I would like to move back to Louisisana for this reason and many more. What do I have to do? ANd what are my chance of maryland aggreeing to let me move again?

I suppose the chances are possible but it cannot be for the reason that the NCP is bullying you. You need to grow a backbone to him and keep communication to an absolute mimimum. once he starts in on the bullying hang up on him or block his emails.

If you can prove without a doubt the move is in the childs best interest, and again you are willing to provide transportation for visits, you might have a chance. Personally that sounds like alot of moving around to me, shows you might be a little unstable, and the dad can sue you for custody. I think its a risk to take personally, but you need to see an attorney.

I'm not an attorney but

I am a retired Caseworker. Sounds to me as if you might want to look at some alternatives available in Maryland. Talk to your attorney and talk to a family counselor. Perhaps the family counselor could have some meetings with you and the other parent to help you resolve your problem.

It sounds as if the non-custodial parent may be angry. This isn't good for the child if anger is expressed during visitation. Try for some counseling for both parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back