HELP ME! lease question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkiss672672

Hello, i need some advice if anyone can help me.

I recently moved out of my apt bc of personal reason regarding roomates. we could no longer live together and i thought it was in my best interest to move out. so i did, and as of right now im still stuck paying rent throught august which i wish i didnt' have to do. Now, heres the question. ( i live in michigan). I have a copy of my lease, and all 4 girls (including myself) have signed it, however, my landlord hasn't. Does that make it invalid? There is a line for him to sign it and his sig is not there. I have been looking everywhere for an aswer and cannot find a real one. I would think that in order for a written contract to be valid both parties would have to sign the lease. I asked my landlord if there was a way to get outta the lease (before noticing his lack of sig) and he said that if he didnt' get his money he would be suing all 4 of us. Someone please help me the best you can! Thanks Alot!

Lease Question

Well,

I'm no lawyer but I'd assume that because you have been voluntarily paying your rent on time, that you would be bound by law to a "verbal lease". It'll be pretty tough for you to tell a judge that a lease is not valid since you have been paying on it...

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back