Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse HELP! Drug Addict Mom Destroying Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorriedDad

Hello, last night my ex wife was arrested and charged with 5 counts of Contributing to the delinquency of a minor. At her daughters thirteenth birthday party she gave her daughter and her daughters friends marijuana to smoke. While her daughter is not biologically mine, I raised her for eleven years until her mother took her from me out of spite, when I took her back to court to restrict her visitation with our son(because I knew that things like this happened on a regular basis) . My son was present at the party, he is ten years old. He was telling me how one of the other adults at the party was guarding the outside door, preventing him and the three other 8-10 yr olds present from going out back where the 13 yr olds were getting high, but that he could see what they were doing, and it was obviously no secret as to why they went outside. He went to tell his mother on his sister(cause he thought she didnt know, when in fact she was the supplier), but his mother, who was also drinking, and most likely high herself, claimed not to believe him...
While my ex keeps her daughter away from me, she does let her go to my ex girlfriends house on a regular basis. It is through her that I can still maintain something with "my daughter". We are both very concerned for her safety. Her mother both verbally, and physically abuses her on a regular basis, doesnt bother to get her to school half the time, and is just ruining an amazing little girl. "My daughter has scars, and scabs from where she has been "cutting", and has threatened suicide on more than one occassion. We have also seen the bruises and scrapes inflicted by her mother, and one evening while dropping off some homework at my ex wifes house, my ex girlfriend witnessed my ex wife chasing kiliegh around the yard cursing and hitting her.
Things like this have been going on for a very long time. Almost two years ago now, the children went to their teachers at school and told them about mommies drug use, and alcohol abuse by other family members in the home. And other horror stories involving intoxicated guardians. Child Protective Services was called, and they completed three seperate investigations. CPS is a joke, they could not drug test my ex, and they gave her two weeks notice before coming to inspect her home. Giving my ex plenty of time to "clean everything up". This was when my daughters mother took her away from me. She convinced her daughter that because of the things she said to the teachers, her mommy was going to jail, and her little brother(not my son) was going to go to an orphanage and we would never see her again. She effectively brainwashed her into believing that she was not on drugs, that the things she seen was just "flavored pipe tobacco" and that her daddy was just trying to have her mommy put in jail...I witnessed my eleven yr old little girl curled up in a ball on the floor in tears, as her mom verbally tore her to shreds on the phone. CPS was on their way to talk to her at my house, but her mother intercepted them, and drug her out of my house, right in front of a CPS agent, and took her home to prevent the CPS agent from speaking to her. Two weeks later when they finally got around to interviewing her at her mothers house, my ex had my daughter brainwashed...and my Ex got away with no charges, no nothing.(Though the resulting court battle resulted in her having very little visitation with our son. Every other weekend with no overnight stays.)

It just seems that nobody is doing their job, that house should have been raided long ago. Drug dogs would have grand ole time in that house. Cps and the school has done next to nothing to ensure the safety of these children. I am trying my best to not put my ex wife down to our son, but its almost like trying to make Hitler look good to a Jew.. He is devastated when his mother doesnt show up for her visitation, and when she does, she spends her time convincing him his sister is a liar, and his dad is just trying to keep him from her. He is ten yrs old and is handling none of this very well. This HAS TO STOP!! The damage done to these children...its breaking my heart..

I know this is long..but my questions are this.

1. Despite multiple CPS calls, meetings with school counselors, and police officers it has taken MONTHS(this last incident took place Oct30) for anyone to talk to these children, or arrest their mother. CPS only just spoke to my daughter last week, and nobody has interviewed my son! WHY!?

2. Is this normal procedure? My daughter could have been beaten to death, or killed herself by now! These children are enduring torture!

3. I'm a soldier deploying to Afganistan in March. I want to transfer my custodial rights to my mother while I am gone. Can my ex fight that?

4. Why, after all the reports was she not brought up on child endangerment charges also?

I'm losing my mind..any help would be appreciated.. I'm even thinking of hiring a private investigator.

Wow. Last question first: Go to a judge to transfer custody to your Mom. Make certain the judge knows of your ex-wife's problems even if she does not contest. This will help insure that she will not be able to come for your son after you are gone.

AS for why CPS the Police and such have not come down hard on your ex, who knows. I would be all over CPS sending letters to the higher ups to bring attention to the problem. Godo luck. Sorry I could not tell you more.

My ex wife posted bond last night, and is demanding her daughter back by noon today. With all the abuse that happens there on regular days, I cant imagine what she will face when she has to face her mother, after just putting her in jail...We are all terrified, and have been trying everything we can to get ahold of Child Protective Services, to get a protective order for her..but apparently kids dont get beat to death on the weekends, cause the child abuse hotline wont do anything, the police wont do anything, the magistrate wont do anything. Everyone wants to pass this off to someone else. I am absolutely disgusted. The only option left to me is to effectively kidnap my step daughter if I want to ensure her safety...but that will just give her mom ammo to use against me, and get me in trouble..this is so frustrating.

Dont give the kids back.
keep them in your custody, and if you are contacted by police give your reasons for concern for their safety and note the reason for mom's arrest. Get yourself a restraining order that gives you temporary legal custody of both children until the issue is settled in court.

BTW.... if you have legitimate saftey concerns, you will not be arrested for child abduction/concealment. You can go to any court and fill out the paperwork for a temporary restraining order, in which you will list the reasons for the action and request temporary custody until a hearing. No agency will do this for you... it is up to you to go to the court and get it.

Thank you for your advice, the problem I have ran into is that her daughter is not my biological daughter...I was her "dad" for 11 yrs, until when her mother got mad at me, and told her I wasnt her father, and filled her head full of lies to fool Protective services workers...Its so sad,

I have full custody of our son, and her visitation has been severely limited.
I actually managed to finally contact the CPS worker over the case, and they are processing a protective order to prevent "my daughter"from being with her mother until after the hearing on the 22nd of Dec.

That's more like it. Glad to hear you got it worked out.
At the hearing, it is possible that you could lose custody of the girl to a foster family. However, if you are willing and able to keep her, the court might grant that in order to keep her with her brother.
It's a tricky situation.
They might also order the kids back to her with regular social worker check-ups.

Update

I am thinking of petitioning the court for custody of, or at least visitation with my step daughter. Paternity has never been established for my step daughter, though when her mother informed her I wasnt her real father, she introduced her to someone she claims is her real father. Her mother told my step daughter this when she became the focus of Child Protective Services investigations, and wanted to eliminate me from her daughters life.(Because I was supporting the investigations) I just want what is best for my children, I have been my step daughters daddy for 12yrs of her life. It has come to the point where my ex is in no way looking out for the best interests of her children, and no way she will she let me continue to have a relationship with my step daughter without a court order. Any advice on how to go about petitioning for custody would be helpful. I have always been told that I had no chance. It was only after speaking to a very knowledgeable Deputy Sheriff over the weekend that I discovered I might have a shot. I should have done this sooner, but I have always lived under the assumption that my ex would never try to take "my girl" away from me.

Contact your local child and/or protective services agency. They'll guide you and protect the child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ex refused to list a father on the birth certificate. Child support agency tried for years to get her to establish paternity, but she wouldn't do it. I never
pushed the issue since I didn't want kiliegh to know I wasn't her real dad. I was young and stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back