Health insurance/doctor's visit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmm1447

Alright guys and gals, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here.

Few weeks ago I went to the doctors office to get a flu test and swine flu test done because I was showing symptoms, and I'm a college student, so I'm exposed to the flu frequently.

Anyways, I go to the doctors office and say to them I want a flu test and swine flu test done, nothing else because I'd just had a physical/checkup less than a month prior. I tell them specifically that I only want a flu test/swine flu test. They take 3 vials of blood. One for the swine flu test, and the other 2 the doctor wouldn't tell me what were for. I asked him, and he gave me BS answers, saying no more than 'there are some other tests' Finish there, pay my copay, all is well and good, minus having the flu haha. So then last week, I get a bill from the doctors office for $3,000. Insurance is covering $2200. I ask for an itemized bill, and it turns out they ran 35 different blood tests on me at $80/test.

After I told them specifically not to.

So now I'm stuck with an $800 bill.

Is there anything I can do about this? I have zero interest in paying $800 for testing I told them not to do, and I'm in the process of going through all the tests they performed and finding out exactly what they are, and so far most of them are completely unrelated to the flu or swine flu.

I'm not looking to cash in or anything here, I just don't want to have to pay for things that were done both without my knowledge, and against my will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back