H Visa Hb1 Visa/Marriage Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyPants

Hi there, I'm hoping someone may have some helpful direct answers for me and my boyfriend. We have done so much searching and inquiring on the internet and it feels like we're going in circles!
The situation is: boyfriend came to U.S. last year on student visa, I am a U.S. citizen and we met at work-the company employs many foreign students-and we began dating. He left in November of 08 right before his visa expired. Before he left he filled out and completed the paperwork for returning on a work visa-I believe the H2b. Currently he is still out of the country, in the Ukraine, still waiting to hear about the approval of his paperwork, open the visa, etc, and come back...
Here's the kicker, after dating for 9 months, and talking since he's been gone, we've come to realize that we want to get married once he returns. We are just looking for some cut-to-the-chase directions of where to get started! Where to to begin? There are so many advice and information sites, other forums, etc and it seams to go on forever... since reading other advice on this site I'm hoping I have better luck of someone pointing us in the right direction. We want to know where do we start, what forms to fill out, if we get married and his visa runs out-will he have to return home?... what is our goal? to get his work permit? or permanent resident card? it's all so very confusing (as is this thread to whom ever is reading this:)) If anyone who can help with answers of where to begin this process we would both greatly appreciate it! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back