Have US Police Agencies been militarized by US politicians?

Have US police agencies become less friendly and more abusive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

army judge

Super Moderator
Its true, police tactics and police officers have changed in some departments.

Some believe this to be a global change.

Some think it will eventually infect most police agencies.

Have US police forces become (or are they becoming) a quasi-militarized SS, Stasi, KGB Force?

Former Auburn police officer Justin Hanners was fired for blowing the whistle on The Auburn (AL) Police Department and their new Police Chief's tactics.

Officer Hanners lays out his theory on the matter.

He has proof, and has revealed it.

If there has been rise of a police state in the USA, who's behind it?

If the bureaucrats are driving such a change, require muscle.

What better way to for municipalities, counties, and states to steal MORE money than abuse their police powers?

After all, we see where some localities are charging the people for fire and emergency medical services.

We see those same local governments charging their citizenry for water, garbage removal, and even parking on city streets.

What are they doing with our taxes?

Officer Hanner's observations seem credible.

I hope a guy like this becomes a police chief or sheriff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zGeZiWOeGIc

http://reason.com/reasontv/2013/07/24/how-quotas-pervert-police-priorities-fir

Last edited:
I don't believe agencies have become more abusive, but certain individuals have within the agencies.
I suspect it has more to do with training that focuses on officer safety tactics and enforcement, and less training on the rights of individuals and civil liberties.
I bet in many circumstances the police officer who breaks down the door to a person's home doesn't have much of anything intelligent to say about the 4th Amendment, even if they have a warrant. That officer could say a lot about a tactical approach/entry and how to handle anyone in that home who is aggressive though.
On the flip side, citizens must know their rights and assert them. It only becomes a police state if the police are not kept in check.

It's very difficult to say regarding whether police agencies have become more abusive. I don't really have too much to do with them and there is a special dynamic that exists here in New York with regard to criminal law (such as the huge stop and frisk debate) than probably most places in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back