Harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dleigh

Hi,

I live in a 3 story building, comprised of 11 apartments. I live on the top floor, which is comprised of 4 apartments in total.

Last week, the owners of the building left me a few voicemails, detailing how I would wake up at 3am, bring a large amount of people over and party, how I would jump up and down on the floor, and how I would move furniture at 5am.
Also, I was informed that the police were called the previous night, and had knocked on my door to no answer.

I sent these owners a lovely letter detailing how I am 42 years old, the manager of my office, and how I wake up at 6am to go to work. I don't drink, and I don't party, and the reason I wouldn't have heard police knocking on my door is because I was sleeping.

I did speak with my landlord, and she couldn't understand why these people were continously making complaints.

The other night, I took my son to go pick up his cousins for the night. My sons girlfriend was in the apartment by herself for roughly a half hour.

When I returned home at 12;30, I found police standing at my door..listening...I asked them why they were there, and they enquired as to whether this was my home. They stated that there was a noise complaint, and that they were following up.

To make a long story short, there was no music ( I don't own a stereo)..and my apartment was quiet. I asked my sons girlfriend if she had made any noise, and she said she had just taken a shower, and got dressed in the time I was gone, and she didn't even have the TV on.

The police informed me that should this neighbor make another complaint, that they, unfortunately would have to issue me a $450.00 ticket. Of course, the two times they have been called, they have come to find no noise whatsoever.

So, what I would like to know is what I can do to have this harrasment ceased? There is no validity to the reports these people are filing, and I am certainly not going to let some 20 year olds continue to harrass me for complete, and untrue reasons.

What are my legal rights, and what can I do?

Thanks,

Dianne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back