harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamhall

All of a sudden, my next door neighbor out of the blue started calling the police on me for my dog barking. Next he called a vicious dog call on me. I have an American Bulldog, they are not considered vicious. I can't prove it but someone took apart my fence and the very same day he called another vicious dog call on me. I have written him letters, talked with the neighbors and even went as far as purchasing a 10 ft. do pen for my dog, just so he would shut up. Now he is calling the police when I let her out of her pen (she is only in it when no-one is home) and stating that I am suppose to have her in an enclosed pen. I have never been ordered by a judge or told by any law enforcement to "pen" my dog. Now my neighbor is turning the music and tv up so loud that it vibrates my house. The police tell me there is nothing I can do and they have to respond to all dog calls even if he calls everyday. I want to file a restraining order against him to stop this harrassment. Would this be considered harrassment?

Tammy

If your neighbor keeps calling the police for assistance when there is no need I would say that such conduct might constitute harrassment. Is there some reason why your neighbor was making the calls at those times? You can call the police to report the disturbance next door as well and you may wish to say that you need police intervention due to the neighbor's past history.

Originally posted by tamhall
All of a sudden, my next door neighbor out of the blue started calling the police on me for my dog barking. Next he called a vicious dog call on me. I have an American Bulldog, they are not considered vicious. I can't prove it but someone took apart my fence and the very same day he called another vicious dog call on me. I have written him letters, talked with the neighbors and even went as far as purchasing a 10 ft. do pen for my dog, just so he would shut up. Now he is calling the police when I let her out of her pen (she is only in it when no-one is home) and stating that I am suppose to have her in an enclosed pen. I have never been ordered by a judge or told by any law enforcement to "pen" my dog. Now my neighbor is turning the music and tv up so loud that it vibrates my house. The police tell me there is nothing I can do and they have to respond to all dog calls even if he calls everyday. I want to file a restraining order against him to stop this harrassment. Would this be considered harrassment?

Tammy

He is still randomly calling the police. I even had a talk with him and asked him to tell me what was wrong and I would try to make sure that he was not bothered by her and he apologized for calling the police and assurred me that he would call me.

Then on that next tuesday, a worker at the house let her out of the pen to go to the bathroom (the neighbor had left) and he came right back, went straight in the house and called the police. He will leave the house and circle the block cause he know we let her out to go to the bathroom and come back and call the police.

My dog is always on a leash, in a pen or chained up except for the few minutes that she is out to use the bathroom, but only when he is gone. When the neighbor is not home, she roams the yard and doesn't bother anybody. She has never been out of the gate. Now he is going in his garage at night and making all kinds of noises. I think he is deliberately provolking my dog but I am scared that he is going to make her mean by doing these things.

Just wanted to bring everyone an update on my harassing neighbor. I finally had enough when he started bring out the guns and frightening my children. I turned the tables. Every time he walked out of his house at night I would flip on the lights (I kept all mine off). Every time he turned his TV or radio up to loud, I called the cops. Every time he brought out his guns, I called the cops. The last straw was when he was waving the gun towards my house and my son called the cops. I filed harrassment charges with the police right then and there in front of him. You can always ask the police to file a harassment report. At least that will give you a case number. He is now leaving me alone. I made a deal with him. You call the cops on me, I am going to call them on you. Sometimes the only way to back up a bully is with his on ammunition! Thanks for letting me share this update. tamhall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back