harrassment online/offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Me and my family are being harrassed online and offline. Impersonating me, fabricated lies,sending obscene fax messages posting in message boards, emails and telephone calls. I already reported it to local authorities and various internet crime reporting system but it doesnt help at all. All i want is for me and my family is to be left alone. I do know the real name of the stalker and where he use to work but I dont know where he is based now. The only proof that i can get hold of him is thru his IP number. I was advised to write a single letter telling my stalker to stop harrassing me, but he still does. Is there a way i could find where this person may be now or any help from local authorities in their area Renton WA who would knock on his door and face to face tell him to stop harrassing me? I am from the country of Malaysia and its really hard on my part to slap him a lawsuit but I also believe that this person has a violent tendency and im in fear that me and my familys life will be in danger. So I was hoping if anyone could tell me whats the legal proceedings regarding about my case, how it is done and how much would it cost to stop my harrasser?

This is a criminal matter. If you have been receiving harassing telephone calls, call your telephone company. There should be a feature called "call trace." Here is some information from Southwestern Bell:

http://www.swbell.com/Products_Services/UserGuides/0,2536,407,00.html

You should write down the times and dates that these calls occurred, as many as possible. Report it to your phone company and insist that the police take a report. Sometimes it takes effort and state that you are afraid of a violent attack (I'm assuming the messages get graphic). If there are 3 or more calls from the same number, the phone company should launch an investigation and you will be compelled to file charges against that person, which I do not think would be a problem.

Yes, you should send a certified letter to this person demanding that he stop harassing you. It is proof that you have attempted to stop the events from occurring. I haven't used that method and usually persistence with the police for something like this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back